An Interview with John Renesch, Advisor & Author
John started waking up the 70s and getting into the human potential movement. You cannot be in this world without running into consciousness. John took the term conscious leadership and started a real estate company to become financially independent. Later, John decided to start a nonprofit foundation to promote system thinking. John coined the term conscious leadership; however, people have been using the term exponentially. John gives his definition of conscious leadership and how he relies on a trusted source of guidance. Later, John reveals the qualities of a conscious leader; he describes the future of conscious leadership and the biggest crisis in our world.
“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” -Howard Thurman
In This Episode:
- [02:00] Meet John Renesch and how he discovered conscious leadership.
- [10:00] About coining the term conscious leadership.
- [13:25] How John defines conscious leadership. If you ask twenty people, you will get twenty different definitions. Most people understand what leadership is. However, what does consciousness mean?
- [18:50] Utilizing a reliance on a trusted source of guidance.
- [20:45] The qualities of a conscious leader and how responsibility can take on a sacred role in leadership.
- [25:00] The future of conscious leadership.
- [34:30] Having an attraction to conscious leaders.
- [38:40] The biggest crisis in the world – there is a lack of leadership in the world, and many of our leaders are not fully awake.
- [44:50] Find something that lights your fire. If you can’t find a passion, then look for what pisses you off.
- [49:15] Look for what makes you come fully alive and do that.
- Consciousness cannot be defined.
- When you are conscious, responsibility takes on a sacred role.
- Consciousness will become the way everyone starts living and leading.
- The biggest crisis in the world is the lack of leadership.
- There needs to be a world that works for everyone. Our society will realize the highest priority is the wellbeing of everyone.
Meet John Renesch
John Renesch is an advisor, mentor, futurist and writer on matters of social and organizational change. He believes that commerce holds the key to bringing about a global shift of human consciousness thus creating a future of tremendous possibility for humankind – the possibility that will allow humanity to transcend the inevitable future that can be projected from current trends.
John is now a global futurist, humanitarian, writer and occasional keynote speaker on topics that integrate the subjects of business, human consciousness and possible scenarios for the future of humanity. He has also become a social activist, an advocate of social and organizational transformation and awakening what he sees as the latent potentialities of the human race. John is not an ordinary futurist who mostly downloads from the past. He listens to what wants to happen and with unlimited possibilities he becomes a champion of that future. LinkedIn