An Interview with Tiffany Jana, CEO TMI Consulting Inc & Partner at Now Partners
Dr. Tiffany Jana joins the show to talk about equity gaps in the workplace. Equity is about making sure that everyone has the tools they need to succeed. Is everyone in your workplace just as likely to succeed and get a promotion? Most likely “no” because of the collective injustice that has taken place over time is affecting the workplace. Leaders and companies have the tools to make things right that were once wrong in service of greater justice for all. By optimizing your workplace culture through diversity, equity, and inclusion, your employees will feel a fantastic sense of belonging. Plus, it’s essential to understand the areas of opportunity to improve diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
In This Episode:
- [00:55] Meet Dr. Tiffany Jana, and hear how Tiffany’s mother is a pioneer in the diversity space around the world.
- [03:20] Dr. Tiffany reveals the evolution of diversity and inclusion in the workplace – The quantitative and qualitative approaches to measuring equity in the workplace.
- [09:55] How Loom The Culture Map works and what types of things it will measure about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- [11:55] The strategy conversation that needs to happen for diversity training to work.
- [19:00] The importance of Chief Diversity Officers and how their role can be best utilized.
- [26:15] The challenges that Dr. Tiffany needs to overcome with clients as they go through diversity work.
- Everyone has the right and should have the opportunity to earn an honest living doing what they love.
- Visionary leaders should build space to create inclusion and create greater diversity to cultivate a healthy workplace.
- It’s important to allow the best of all identities to actually show up and come to bear on the solutions that your business is trying to create.
- Loom The Culture Map will allow your organization to retain top talent through proactive diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategies.
- All diversity work starts at the individual level. One person can derail any sort of change process.
Meet Dr. Tiffany Jana
Dr. Tiffany Jana is the CEO of TMI Portfolio, a collection of companies working to advance inclusive workplaces. TMI Consulting, a TMI Portfolio company, is a 2018 Best for the World B Corporation. Jana is also the coauthor of Overcoming Bias and the second edition of the B Corp Handbook. Subtle Acts of Exclusion: How to Understand, Identify and Stop Microaggressions (BK, March 10, 2020), offers a pathway to a more inclusive, respectful society. Learn more at subtleactsofexclusion.com
Subtle Acts of Exclusion
Dr. Tiffany Jana on LinkedIn
Loom The Culture Map
Loom The Culture Map on Instagram