An Interview with Dr. Paul Ward, Director at the Global Center for Conscious Leadership
Paul Ward shares his journey that has inspired his work in the leadership space. An impact that is traced back to childhood where he, at a young age, became very aware of life and death. This awareness partnered with conscious decisions, including separating from a strict religious sect, influenced his later life. His present work as a conscious leader and life coach, is reflected in the practical nature and academic approach that can be followed in the framework of his book.Tune in as Paul reveals the importance of confidence and the practices in his book “The Inner Journey To Conscious Leadership”.
In This Episode:
- [01:20] Meet Paul Ward. Paul speaks about the inspiration behind his work with conscious leadership.
- [11:00] An individual needs to trust that in the end, everything will work out. Paul speaks about confidence.
- [12:35] Paul dives into his book, The Inner Journey To Conscious Leadership.
- [15:25] The pace of work is preventing leaders from becoming conscious. We need to STOP, take a breath, observe what is going on, and perceive, to show up in a calm and present way.
- [20:55] Paul reveals the practices to set an intention.
- [25:10] How conscious leadership is shifting during the pandemic. Plus, Paul talks about the evolution of human consciousness in the workplace.
- [33:35] The importance of finding a mentor.
- [39:55] It’s essential to share vulnerability with others in our lives. When we share, others will be more willing to share.
- Awareness means we are noticing what is going on inside ourselves and in the world at large.
- Setting an intention means we are doing and being. Think about who you want to be, and work towards that.
- Your organization will thrive when leaders reach higher consciousness levels by championing conscious leadership and enabling conversations that matter.
- Confidence means we trust in ourselves. It’s essential to trust yourself first before you can trust others.
- Listening with all the senses, learning relentlessly, and living mindfully are the practices of noticing what’s going on.
The Conscious Leadership Book: http://theconsciousleadershipbook.com
Meet Paul Ward
Paul Ward is a leadership and life coach, strategy execution consultant, adjunct professor, small business owner, and hot air balloon pilot.
He has masters and doctoral degrees in organization and management and has spent more than thirty years consulting to large and small organizations in Europe and the Americas. He divides his time between Portsmouth, England and West Palm Beach, Florida.