An Interview with Aaron Hurst, Founder of Taproot Foundation and Imperative
Aaron Hurst’s goal is to activate conscious leadership and develop values-based leadership on a global scale. The idea of the more conscious we are, the greater impact we can make not only on a global scale but also in our daily lives. Being conscious is to notice the contradictions, the forces that pull you in different directions, and the things that trip you up. It is what enables you to go down the correct path.
In This Episode:
- [01:04] Aaron Hurst quickly shares his career background and his audacity in his visions and his dreams
- [08:30] The importance of conscious leadership to make the right choices and to correct the wrong choices
- [17:48] The abundance mindset is what builds trust and safety relationship
- [26:56] How Aaron creates harmony within ourselves and with others through his work
- [34:46] Working to build bridges between “tribes”
- If you don’t leave the world fundamentally in a better place than you found it, you didn’t do a good job.
- Disappointment and joy go together.
- Sometimes the best thing to do is to take a moment and hold the ground of where we are.
- It’s not going to be technology telling us what to think. It’s going to be technology creating space for us to act as human beings.
- At the end of the day and business people do business with people they know, they like, and they trust.
Meet Aaron Hurst
Aaron Hurst is the foremost expert on the science of purpose and fulfillment at work. In 2014, he brought global awareness to the rise of the fourth economic era in history, the Purpose Economy. He is the CEO and Co-Founder of Imperative, the platform that connects and supports employees as peer career coaches. Imperative enables video-based peer coaching conversations across organizations that drive mindset and behavior changes that increase leadership abilities, productivity, and fulfillment. Previously, as the founder of the Taproot Foundation, Aaron catalyzed the $15 billion pro bono service market. He has written for or been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg TV, Fast Company and was named a LinkedIn Influencer. He is a third-generation graduate of the University of Michigan.
Aaron’s company, the Imperative, is a peer coaching platform that uses the power of peers to support each other over time to become increasingly effective and fulfilled.
The science-backed platform combines the effectiveness of coaching with the impact of building trusted peer networks that are proven to build resilient and high performing cultures.
Through Imperative’s video-based coaching platform, employees meet in rotating pairs for scripted peer-to-peer coaching conversations that are dynamically designed to adapt as their needs change. The individual behavior change, growth, and fulfillment of leaders are tracked over time. This enables companies to measure the ROI and generate insights about organizational behavior and culture gaps. Imperative is quickly being adopted by employee-centric Fortune 1000 companies with distributed workforces as a strategy to increase productivity, inclusion, and fulfillment.
Taproot Foundation: https://taprootfoundation.org/
Aaron Hurst on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaronhurst/
Aaron Hurst email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Purpose Economy: How Your Desire for Impact, Personal Growth and Community Is Changing the World by Aaron Hurst: https://www.amazon.com/Purpose-Economy-Personal-Community-Changing-ebook/dp/B00JEMUB1S
The Third Harmony Film: https://thirdharmony.org/